The 2013 ICA Conference will be held at the DuPage County Courthouse and will focus on staff wellness, especially stress management. Kent Williams, police chief and nationally-recognized expert in reducing organizational and personal stressors resulting from job-related frustrations, anger, and life/workplace imbalance will be the featured workshop facilitator. Chief Williams will present a morning and afternoon series of workshops aimed at improving the quality of personal and professional life for those currently in, or intending to pursue, law enforcement, correctional, or other criminal justice careers.
The program will include:
- The one-day workshops
- Coffee breaks provided
- Lunch (on your own)
- Activities for student attendees
- Annual business meeting
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- 8:00am - 9:00am Coffee and Registration/Sign-in
- 9:00am - 12:00pm Morning Session (Kent Williams)
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm Lunch (on your own)
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm Afternoon Session (Kent Williams)
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm ICA Business Meeting
- Free for ACA/ICA members current as of October 4
- If you are not an ACA/ICA member you can sign up here.
- If you would like to register and pay (checks only), download and use this form.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance professional skills that can be applied both in personal life and as stress-reduction tactics in an agency or facility, and to learn more about and become involved in the ICA.
Space is limited, so get your registration in soon!